Fast Day 11: Tues 25 June 2013
10.30pm snack: garlic mushrooms – total 65c
- 1 x teaS olive oil = 40c
- 100g button mushrooms = 25c
- ½ teaS garlic powder, salt n pepper = 0c
Lunch – Green Goddess Soup – total 45c
- 1 x teaS stock powder – 800ml water = 6c
- 2 x 2g teaS cornflour = 14c
- 200ml skim milk = 70c
- 400g iceberg lettuce = 40c
- 100g spinach = 21c
- 89g spring onion = 28
- 11g basil = 2c
Total 181c/4 portion = 45c
PM snack – 1 x multigrain ryvita –total 40c
Dinner – broccoli & tofu stirfry – total 350c
- 100g hard tofu = 210c
- 5ml olive oil = 40c
- 23g spring onion = 7c
- 100g broccoli = 34c
- 40g Lee Kum black pepper sauce = 53c
- 100g Asian slim shirataki noodles = 6c
- Chinese 5 spice, dash dried onion flakes & garlic powder = 0
Fast Day 11 Total: 500c
After the excesses of the weekend, I have been looking forward to this Fast Day. This last week/weekend I seem to have just lost control. I know I’m not hungry, and yet I’ve just been eating the food anyway, with a side of guilt. Which then makes me want to eat more to make me feel better and then it’s a vicious circle! Got to the point at the weekend where I was like “well I’ve eaten this badly, I might as well continue!” – not good. And it wasn’t even a particularly busy weekend or social or anything, just mostly at home, eating crap. Not impressed with myself this weekend. I resolve to do better this week!!!
The boyfriend was a bit unimpressed at my lack of breakfast today. Apparently no breakfast is bad because when you have absolutely no sugar in your blood, since dinner the day before, your body starts to burn protein instead of fat. Your body apparently needs a tiny bit of sugar in the blood to burn fat as fuel. He’s an athlete so he does know some stuff about nutrition, so I’ve decided maybe next time if I run out of calories for the day I should have breakfast and dinner, but skip the lunch…. Which would be a long time without food, but apparently that would be much better for my body. :-S I didn’t do no breakfast on purpose today though- I meant to have the garlic mushrooms, but when I woke up I couldn’t face the strong garlicky flavour for breakfast! To appease the boyf I said I’d have them as a morning snack.
10.40am: wow, garlicky. Half teaS is WAYYYYYYYY too much garlic! Would be ok if I was at home, but in the office…. I am now concerned about breathing on everyone. Think I will have to have a chewing gum, although it will put me over 500c- it’s that or death by garlic breath for everyone here!!! Tasty though, would be good with some scrambled eggs- maybe Thursdays Fast Day will include this.
Today’s lunch I am not overly looking forward to. It looks like swamp water- I should rename it Green Goop Soup….. I didn’t dare try any yesterday incase it tasted so revolting I couldn’t eat it today. Fingers crossed it will taste surprisingly delicious- I shall keep you posted. In the meantime, here’s my recipes for todays food (stir-fry fairly self explanatory):
- In a ziplock, put 1 teaS oil, add your mushrooms n shake it all up so they’re coated.
- Add garlic powder & seasoning, n shake it all up till coated.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir, microwave for another minute.
Green Goddess Soup
- Put your stock and onion in pot, simmer, covered with lid, for 10 minutes.
- Add greens- simmer covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Add fresh herb at end, simmer for 1 minute.
- Blend in blender, and return to pot.
- Aside, add cornflour to a dash of the milk and mix it into paste.
- Add cornflour paste, back to milk, stir it, then add it to the soup.
- Bring soup to boil, stirring all the time, then reduce to simmer till soup thickens.
- Now ready to serve.
Can freeze, so I froze the other 3 portions for a rainy day!
9.02pm: Went for a swim after work this evening (1 hour in the pool, some of that was spent chatting to my friend I went with, but a lot was swimming too!), so had worked up an appetite for dinner! Dinner tasted so good, the broccoli was lovely and fresh, and with the tofu and slim noodles it was light but filling. Prob could have scoffed like an entire extra bowlful cos it was yum, but tum-wise it did fill me up.
Lunch was not pond scum either which was a pleasant surprise! Although it did have a bit of a likeness to bog water in appearance, it actually tasted quite nice! Could taste the basil, and it tasted like it was full of goodness, which being full of lettuce and spinach, it was! Was a high veg quota for my fast day today, and a couple of new recipes I tried. Pays to keep things a bit more interesting, although Thursday’s Fast Day might be back to shop bought soup as I’m out most of the evening tomorrow.