In no particular order, and am sure there was other stuff I ate too, but these are the naughtier things I thought I should declare that I ate:
- double cream brie & ritz crackers
- toast with butter
- home made cupcakes- mixed peal sponge topped with salted caramel sauce…. yeah, I ate quite a few of these!
- Buffet at our friends engagement party: mini pies (beef ones and curry ones- both delicious!), mini samosas, chicken wings. To be fair, I had only one chicken wing (too messy), and not tonnes of the other items, but probably about a zillion calories and fat!
- Drinks at party- southern comfort & coke (oh yeah, that was pre-party….), 3 glass of wine (one white, one rose, one red- I don’t like to discriminate!), AND a margarita. That was actually my first ever margarita oddly enough, and it was super tasty!
- Sunday- felt like I ate everything in the house. Was a little hungover, so I apparently decided to stuff my face….
- Sunday evening dinner- bourbon beef casserole with cheesy polenta dumplings. I made this a few weeks ago, and it made such a massive amount that I froze some, so we had seriously tasty dinner without having to do any work! 🙂
When I made it I adapted it a little bit. I added half a cup of pearl barley, can of chickpeas, 2 potatoes, a dash of worcestershire sauce, a dash of red wine vinegar and a teaspoon of sweet paprika- yumminy!
It was a bit too much to go in my oven proof dish, so after the recipe cooking time was up, my meat still wasn’t very tender, so mine was 2 hrs in oven, then I transferred it to a big casserole pot on the hob for about another hour. The hob worked much better, next time I will just stick it on the hob I think. I added more stock when it needed it, and then when I was ready to add the toping, I stuck the whole thing under the grill to get the polenta crispy. Had added some grated cheddar cheese when I made the polenta (it melts in), for extra deliciousness! 🙂