Raw Energy Balls
Made 25 (but depends how large you want to make them!)
- 1 cup of medjool dates/dried pitted dates (154g)
- 3/4 cup cashews (83g)
- 3/4 cup pecans (73g)
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds (22g)
- 2 tablespoons of linseeds (23g)
- 20g coconut oil, melted
- 2 tableS desiccated coconut (8g)
- 2 tablespoon of raw cacao powder (11g)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 5g orange zest
- Place nuts, coconut, linseed and chia in your food processor and blend until powdery and all nuts chopped up.
- Then add the remaining ingredients, pitting the dates before adding those.
- Blend till sticky dough forms. I had to blend mine in a couple of batches because my blender = not so good!
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into little balls, place in a bowl and store in the fridge.
- I put some in the freezer as well as a healthy frozen treat!
Good for before or after exercise- I plan to have 1 pre and 1 post riding tomorrow! Not the greatest picture I’m afraid, but that’s just poor photography on my part- they taste like chewy chocolate orange! 🙂
Flourless Banana Pancakes
This was the first time I’d made these, and they were delicious! Had them post boot-camp style work out and they were so tasty, and full of goodness! 🙂
Makes 4-5 decent sized pancakes, or a lot more smaller ones.
- 6 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- dash stevia
- 2 tableS chia seeds
- handful pecans
- dash milk
- coconut oil, for the cooking
- Pop all ingredients in the blender and blend till smooth.
- Add milk to get desired consistency.
- Mine was quite thick, so next time I will add a bit more milk to thin.
- Heat coconut oil till melted and hot
- Spoon a ladle of mixture into fry pan and cook as you would a normal pancake.
- Flip, cook other side a little, and serve
* Can burn more easily than normal pancakes, so be careful not to have pan up too high, and keep an eye on them!
* Great served with a dash of maple syrup, as a natural sweetener