Here’s the chickpea recipe as promised:
That’s the original, and they have TONNES of other healthy recipes I want to try!
I adapted my brownies as follows:
Chickpea Blondie Brownies
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas (was about 1 1/2 cans), drained
- 1 Cup crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup maple syrup
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup dark choc chips and 1/4 Cup White choc chips
- 2 handfuls chopped hazelnuts
* Blend all except hazelnuts and choc chips in a blender until smooth-ish- is never going to be 100% smooth cos of the crunchy peanut butter!
* Mix in hazelnuts and choc chips, and pour into a baking paper-lined cake slice tray.
* Cook in preheated oven- at 350F – for about 30 mins. Check with metal skewer- should come out clean when done (excluding melted choc from choc chips).
Ta dah, easy peasy! Next time I might try swapping the choc chips for dried dates, or am thinking the denseness of the recipe might be good for a gingerbready type version, with crystalised ginger and ground ginger/nutmeg! mmmm yum, want to bake some more already!