Thurs 27 Feb 2014
Break- 6.15am – total 39c
Lunch – 12.45pm – bean pate on ryvita – total 250c
- 39g leeks = 23c
- 6g garlic = 8c
- 6g veg stock = 7c
- 15ml canola oil = 122c
- 420g black eye beans = 487c
- 24g tableS Master Food Tomato Ketchup = 33
680 / 4 portions = 170c
Dinner – onion soup – total 211c
- Leftover portion onion soup (from frozen) = 210c
- Diet coke = 1c
Fast Day 68 total = 500c
Haha, breakfast today was not quite a whole nectarine, almost, but not quite- gave the remaining bite to the boyfriend. Survived the morning though till lunch, so it obviously didn’t do me any harm having such a small breakfast!
Lunch was very tasty, and quite filling too. It used up a portion of my blackeye beans I prepared on Monday- I set them aside especially so I could make this. The original recipe called for kidney beans, but whatever, I reckon you could pretty much substitute any other kind of bean n it’d still taste awesome! On a non-fast day you can have it with some grated cheddar melted on top- yum, so delish. I had it on a slice of my soda bread yesterday with the 13g grated cheese all melted into it and it was such a good lunch- would recommend it!
Here’s the recipe :
Mexican Bean Pate
- 1 x onion
- 1 x garlic clove
- 1 x can kidney beans
- fajita spice- to your liking
- 1 tableS tomato paste
- 60ml stock
- Heat oil and stirfry onion and garlic for about 5 mins till softened
- Add fajita spice and fry for a further minute or so to release all the spice flavour.
- Add the tomato paste and mix it all up- stirfry for another min
- Add onion mix to blender, with beans and stock and whizz up.
- Serve warm, with grated cheese on top- ping in the microwave to melt the cheese on top.
- If having the next day, reheat in the microwave for about a minute, top with cheese near the end.
Original recipe as you can see, slightly different to what I used, but adaption is key when trying to use up what you have, and I imagine it tasted pretty much the same as the original to be honest. I didn’t have tomato paste so ketchup was a good improv from me- was pleased with myself about that substitution! Original recipe also says to mix up a dollop of sour cream and the grated cheese, stick it on top of your pate and THEN melt in microwave. Wasn’t going to go out to buy sour cream just for this dish, so I omitted that this time, but by all means if you have some sour cream go ahead- it tastes great with it!
Had my dinner, soup was nice, but in the wrong bowl (too big!) so it looked a really piddly amount. 😦 The boyfriend was quite sweet n ate his tasty paella after I was done with my soup, so that I wouldn’t have to sit there next to him watching him eat! I appreciated that as I was kinda tired after work and as usual, craving food, so I would have found it quite tough if he was sitting next to me eating all that carby chorizo goodness whilst I just had soup!!!
So that’s it, I managed my 2 Fast Days this week, whoop whoop! I have been struggling recently to complete 2 a week, so am pleased that I did this week- go me!